Aug 6, 2018
I feel fortunate to connect with Amber Ryan this week to explore a new topic: healing through dance and movement.
I was introduced to 5 rhythms and other meditative movement practices several years ago. At first, I was scared and exceedingly uncomfortable, but I was also intrigued. I kept coming back, slowly feeling the joy and freedom that was available through the simple uninhibited movement of my body.
NOTE: I have never been a dancer or performer in anyway. Fortunately, such a background is in no way a prerequisite to engaging in such practices.
I was enlightened throughout this conversation as I gained insight into how we unconsciously carry and express energy through our bodies in subtle ways. I learned that practices like 5rhythms invite a mindful exploration of mind-body awareness. The implications for health and wellness are vast, as we humans are multidimensional beings!
Links to more...
- Show notes and resources: https://alter.health/episode18/
- Get a copy of Dr. Benjamin's book: https://amzn.to/2tmiOz3
- Apply to work with Dr. Benjamin: https://alter.health/membership
- Connect on Facebook: https://fb.me/alterhealthinc
- Follow Dr. Benjamin on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drbenjaminalter/